Sustainable Landscapes, Beautiful Communities
At Dreamestate Landscaping our concern for the environment is related to our company’s overarching belief in building and sustaining strong communities. We take pride in our community and believe in civic responsibility, which is why we volunteer on several projects each year that help benefit those in need.
We provide support to a number of charities, including:
- The Guelph General Hospital Foundation
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
- Free the Children
- Heart & Stroke Foundation
- The Landscape Ontario Waterloo Chapter School Greening Project
Dreamestate Landscaping dedicates all of its company resources each year to volunteer on the Landscape Ontario Waterloo Chapter School Greening Project.
The School Greening Project is designed to help create an outdoor space that is conducive to learning and reflection (outdoor classrooms, study areas) and to promote sustainable landscape design (biodiversity through the use of native plantings).
Past projects include:
School Greening Project
The 2012 School Greening Project is our most ambitious project to date. The initial design concept and the presentation to Landscape Ontario was solely an initiative of the students of the St. James Catholic High School (Guelph) ‘Green Team’.
Its features incorporate the ‘Green for Life’ philosophy that is fundamental to the members of Landscape Ontario:
- Increased biodiversity through the use of native plantings
- A rainwater harvesting system that makes the site self-sustaining for water use
- Permeable paving outdoor classroom and two study areas, along with gravel paths to enhance infiltration of water into the water table and to reduce run-off
- Use of recycled materials
- Access to key parts of the site for those with mobility challenges.
In addition to Dreamestate Landscaping volunteering all of our resources to assist in the construction of this project, our Principal also volunteered to be co-designer and co-project manager, overseeing and assisting 42 companies who contributed to this project.
The Partners at Dreamestate Landscaping are also volunteer judges each year at both the Regional and Provincial Skills Canada competitions.
Chapter Celebrates Earth Day by Geening School Yard
Landscape Ontario’s Waterloo Chapter celebrated Earth Day, Apr. 22 2009, by supporting a school yard greening project at Kitchener’s J. W. Gerth Public School in Doon South. Read full story.
Contact Dreamestate Landscaping today to learn how you can get involved in your local community through one of the community initiatives mentioned here.